- Always take pictures of the sky when it’s pretty, it probably won’t ever look like that again.
- Wear that skirt you like, even if you’re mom says it’s too short.
- Take off the dark eyeliner and nail polish once in a while, you’ll feel lighter.
- Chop off your hair if you want, it will grow back eventually.
- Count the freckles on your arms and draw lines between them, your skin is like the night sky.
- Sleep under six blankets with the fan on high in the middle of the winter, the sound is soothing.
- Tell that boy to stop touching your thigh, even if it is flattering.
- Say thank you and flash a smile when your sister says that your outfit is ugly.
- Raise your hand when you know the answer, even if the class is all upperclassmen.
- Read that book again, you’ll notice something you didn’t the first time.
- Don’t drink too much caffeine, you’ll get the jitters and bomb your math test.
- Wear pencils behind your ears, it’s convenient.
- Try to talk to people, it won’t kill you.
- When a cute boy tries to cheat off your test, write the wrong answers and change them later.
- It’s ok to feel happy, don’t let other peoples sadness make you feel bad.
advice for sad teenage girls that own too many flannels
things I can’t imagine
- someone having a crush on me
- someone randomly seeing me and thinking ‘wow she’s cute’
- someone getting happy because I messaged them first
- someone thinking about me, in general
- someone wondering how I am
- someone finding me attractive
- someone doing something to try and impress me
- someone asking their friend on what to say to me
- someone wanting to get to know me
I don’t want to torture my best friends with my problems even though we became friends because of my problems…
I haven’t been to the gym lately and all the problems connected to my brother and his wife are coming back and I can’t help but remember when I drowned these problems by hurting myself…
shout out to water for keeping my throat sufficiently lubricated for optimal yodeling techniques